Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

6/21/2014

6/21/14                      Ed Garvey Shelter



     Being back on the trail is so nice. No more stupid sun and UV heat. Hurray humidity I guess? From Front Royal VA, my buddy Will (AKA Fresh) and I got a ride up to Harper's Ferry to start hiking again after the fantastic fiasco that was our aquablaze. 7 miles out of Harper's Ferry today to the first shelter, and it may have been a bad choice. There are three different boy scout troops we are sharing the shelter with. Yes, THREE different troops here; something like 70 people in and around the shelter tonight. It was slightly overwhelming, but it was also kinda neat to see what I apparently was like. I thought for sure I was not that annoying at thirteen years old, but I'm no judge. It was kinda neat to make the passing remark 'we should start a fire tonight, huh...' and see fifteen some odd scouts run in different directions looking for firewood. Ah, to be lazy and still have your job get done...


-Sam

P.S. Iris and James are a couple of weekend hikers that were also at the shelter last night. very awesome couple indeed; especially if they were serious about sending a care package :)

No comments:

Post a Comment