Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Monday, May 25, 2015

5/19/15

5/19/15      501 Shelter

 So I had planned to start writing about the last week which my dad and I slackpacked. But to be honest not that much exciting stuff happened. All in all I went over 80 miles that week, most of which seemed uphill. Also most of those miles I did without seeing anyone or anything. I think I may have seen a deer once but whatever it was bounded away rather quick. Most of the interesting stuff I took pictures of and posted to Facebook. However today was a little nuts. First day with a full pack was challenging as it always will be. Had to play 'the floor is lava' to avoid breaking my ankles on rocks; but the steps with which to avoid the lava were wet slippery rocks that would also break your ankles. A couple miles of that we're super fun... This shelter is like partnership shelter where you can order pizza basically straight to it so that made up for rocks... 

Here we go again... 
 -Sam 

P.S. Happy end of Palindrome Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment