Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

3/24/2014

3/24/14                                NOC
                Got here yesterday at about 2pm - 3pm with Catnip and Admiral Caboose. Also ran into Huskers, Luna & Lobo. They all decided to zero yesterday and left to do the ridicuous climb out of the NOC this morning at 9. I also learned that Craftsman and Grizz left the day before I got here, which means I almost caught up to them! They were 3 some odd days ahead so I was glad to learn that I was goig slightly faster. I got the care package my grandparents sent me today around noon, too. I think I can honestly say I've never been happier to see socks before. However one of the drinks they sent broke in the box and made everything sticky. It was a very "yaaaay.... oh god... why....?!" It made everything sticky. All the postcards were ruined and stuck together. It went from very happy to see socks to "how am I gonna wash and dry these!?" Last night I opted not to do laundry cause it was coin operated and I didn't want to deal with all the quarters, but I now had the perfect excuse to do laundry; besides the clothing I was wearing smelled awful. The downside is that after laundry I would be hiking till 7:30 which would mean some night hiking. I am not confident enough to night hike by myself yet. Also it is supposed to rain/sleet/snow tonight so I figured I might as well stay the rest of the day/night here at the NOC hostel. Here's to hoping to push big miles tomorrow, even through snow/rain. =/ 2nd zero day in 137 miles isn't a bad thing, right?
- Sam

PS: It's supposed to stop snowing at 8am so I might push 16 miles tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment