Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Friday, May 23, 2014

4/11/2014

Leaving Standing Bear

The last couple days I completed quite a few milestones/achievements since starting the Smokies. I've hiked over 200 miles, I've hiked into three states, I've done a 20 mile day, and I've night-hiked. Almost forgot I also was at the highest point on the AT. The Smokies were very pretty, had a ton of fun, but will never hike them again. I would never want to re-hike this section, ever. Now that we're out, the group that I've been are definitely going to stealth camp. The forcing to stay in shelters thing in the Smokie over did it for me. It is also supposed to be gorgeous 'till Monday anyway so definitely gonna keep learning better ways to hang my hammock. Got a second camera and most of the pictures are of the last half of the Smokies. Won't send that back yet though.

SO glad to conquer the Smokies.

- Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment