Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Saturday, June 6, 2015

5/26/15

5/26/15   Mohican Outdoor Center (MOC)

     10.3 miles over more rocks hurt my feet. Baby blisters make walking around even without boots a challenge. However what I was thinking most of today was that I passed some day hikers. They were coming down as I was going up (duh). I had to have only gone 3 miles when the girl turns to me and says, "You're almost there!" It made me think rather hard since i knew i hadn't even gone halfway today. I'm almost there? Almost where? ...to Maine? to home? to the lake? (I was / had to walk around that 3 miles farther.) to New York? WHERE AM I?!???? Though it got me thinking how everyone is 'almost there'. Almost to happiness, healthiness, home, career, etc. You're almost always there, and sometimes you have to push yourself to get there. Whether it's pushing yourself to finish the trail, to finish a project, to find that someone, whatever it is. God I  sound like a motivational poster, I'm getting the hell out of here before I vomit. Starting the 'deli-to-deli' hike in NJ/NY. Yay food!

 - Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment