Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

5/31/15

5/31/15 Church Hostel

     So I haven't written the last two days.... Oops! I know last time I eventually got to the point I only wrote once or twice a week, but I'm going to try and avoid doing that.

     Even if it's only a sentence each day, I know I need to write more. 5/29 I stayed on a farm belonging to Jim Murray (didn't know Jim had a brother *cymbal crash*). He thru-hiked at some point and built a shack for hikers to sleep in. Outdoor shower and water spigot and everything, it was pretty neat.

     From there I hiked about 12 miles to where I'm currently sitting in an Episcopal Church basement that they allow hikers to use. There's AC, toilets, faucets, a sofa, what more could you want? Oh, there's a TV here too, which is awesome. Got a DVD Player and everything. One of the DVDs they have on hand is Pineapple Express (unrated) which made me laugh pretty hard. Not a very church friendly movie for sure...

     Just 5 miles today to the first shelter. Sometimes you need a short day when it's raining.


- Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment