Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Saturday, June 6, 2015

5/29/15

5/29/15 High Point State Park Office (NJ 23 gap)

     3 miles so far today with another 8 to go. Even with my video yesterday it did not explain much. Yesterday I:
 - climbed up a fire tower
 - hiked 15 miles
 - passed up two shelters
 - slept in the third
 - had pizza for breakfast
 - saw a bear
 - went the last three miles with no water
 - talked on the phone for about an hour on Sunrise Mtn.
Everyone I've talked to has said that 'while there are a lot of rocks in NJ, they arent as bad as PA.' To which I respond with a polite 'you're full of shit.' Yes they are just as bad; they are different, but still utterly awful. I would love one day of flat trail. not 'no elevation change' trail, but truly 'no rocks sticking up in the middle' trail. If this crap persists, my feet will probably fall off. As my mantra for this hike so far says, "Everything is terrible!"

 - Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment