Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

6/2/15

6/2/15 Breezy Point Inn

     Another two days! I swear this won't become a habit.5/31/15 I was hiking out of the hostel. I had stayed there the night of 5/30. 5/31 I hiked a quick 5 miles up what's dubbed the "stairway to heaven". It had rained the night before, as well as that morning. The hostel the day before was about a 2 mile hike from the trail head. I didn't wanna walk the 2 miles back so I waited for Sunday church services to be over. When they were, 3 of us managed to yogi the ride back and start around 11 to climb it.

     By the time I got to the top I was drenched. Not from any rain, but my own sweat. By the top, I was praying for rain. On the way back down the other side I started hearing rumbling thunder. "Screeeeeeew that!" I ended up getting to the shelter right as it started raining. Wooo! Out-hiked the rain yet again! That morning (6/1) it was misting rain. New York, being known for rock scrambles, was very welcoming with wet slippery rocks.

     10 miles and a lot of swearing later, I had had enough. We (Fizzi and I) got to the road crossing and ended up splitting a hotel room for the night. I woke up the next morning to heavy rain. Waited till about 11ish to see if the rain would let up. Since it did not, we all (Fizzi, Robin, Shadow and I) decided to zero since the next few days will be great weather. After a zero I always feel great enough to power through the miles.

     Besides, I needed the day to mourn the loss of one of my poles; it broke.  =[ Well it still works, just rather bent courtesy of saving my ankle at the cost of bending. Somewhere between my first and fifth fall they/it bent. Waaaaahhh!! =[


-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment