Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

6/9/15

6/9/15 Morgan Stewart Shelter

     7:00am. I always seem to write more often in the morning than at night. Maybe that's the trick to writing every day...

     9 miles yesterday to stop here at the Morgan Stewart Shelter. Waited till slightly after 10 am to leave cause of the rain. Since more T-storms are forecasted for this afternoon, I think I'm gonna head just to the next shelter at about 8 miles. Maybe a few more if the weather passes us by. Took a siesta in a field by a deli yesterday. Ate a ton of food then napped. Some days a siesta is required.


-Sam


6/9/15 "Telephone Pole" Shelter (Actually called "Telephone Pioneer" Shelter)

     Just a quick 8 miles into camp today because it was supposed to rain/thunder all afternoon; nothing happened though. Like at all. It was rather disappointing to say the least.

     Had I moved on it would have been another 2 miles to camp near a garden center that (someone actually told us an hour or so ago) has shitty camping. Besides if I moved it would have probably definitely rained. Like the whole plan for a disaster that never happens vs plan for nothing and shit hits the fan. If that makes sense. Either way I ended up pushing a 3 mph pace so I actually want to try a 20 miles day tomorrow. The terrain doesnt look too bad, lotta flat.

      As I am writing this a woman just came up and gave Fizzi and I each a bag of carrots! Woo Trail Magic! *munch munch* Also someone, probably accidently left, what are called "Vibram Five-Fingers" I'm calling them "toe shoes". They also happen to be my size... I'm taking 'em...


-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment