Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Monday, June 9, 2014

5/13/2014

5/13/14                      Youngstown, Ohio



     It's been a long two weeks, but probably because i haven't moved. I've been staying with my grandparents who were nice enough to pick me up from Damascus and drive back up to Ohio. May 1st was a Thursday, and the Friday I got up here I went to the doctors to get my ribs x-rayed. Thankfully nothing was cracked or broken; just a bad bone bruise. Got some pain medication and was told to take it easy. So that's what I've done the past weeks, takin' it easy and recollecting myself. Got some of my gear fixed, replaced other things, and even made an alcohol stove that I'm going to take with me. Yes, it's extra weight for now, but in the long run it'll probably be easier to carry than the canister stove I have now. Gonna do a trial run and send one of the two back at the next town i cross on the trail. Two days till my mom comes out here. Super excited!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment