Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6/5/2014

6/5/14                      Laurel Creek Shelter



      Today marks three months since my dad dropped me off at Springer Mountain in GA. Hoo-ah!
Sixteen miles yesterday, two of them past 8pm. Managed to go up 5.8 miles in a little over two hours. Sometimes you just gotta go beast mode. And thank goodness I did 'cause pretty much as soon as i dropped my pack the sky completely opened up and and rained like crazy. The storm that I managed to hike just ahead of the entire day finally caught up. I also think my sleeping pad has a hole in it somewhere cause it was mostly deflated in the morning. I'll have to get that checked when I blow it up tonight seeing as I do have a patch kit. Let's put some more miles in these boots!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment