Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6/7/2014

6/7/14                      Four Pines Hostel



      I did end up making all seventeen miles yesterday but my feet are killing me. Dragon's Tooth was also very misleading. It should have been more aptly named Dragon's Teeth as there were quite a few false peaks. Still sick of the bubble I'm in but i did meet up with Craftsman and Ol' Grizz here last night! I would have though for sure that they were long gone past me. Also managed to go to a restaurant called The HomePlace. It's one of the trail's "must do's" to eat there. In layman's terms it was an all you can eat southern style restaurant. The whole place was inside a rennovated farm house. Man it was super delicious!
     The hostel I'm at is pretty awesome as well. It's a six car garage that's been converted into a massiv hiker community room that has cots and a few beds and couches squashed everywhere. Donation based makes it that much better. To be honest I'm always willing to give someone more is it's donation based as opposed to a $20 fee for absolutely nothing in return. I'm gonna zero here seeing as if I leave today I'll just end up waiting in Daleville on Sunday. I have a package waiting for me there and can't get it till Monday anyway.

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment