Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6/11/2014

6/11/14                      Waynesboro VA



     (Professor Farnsworth voice)  Good news, everyone! We managed to deliver boats to the post office!
     Made it to Waynesboro Monday and got most of the gear needed to raft down (north) the river 150 miles to Harpers Ferry WV. I still need a map and a dry bag and a cooler for the beer. Other than that I'm ready to kick my boots off for a while. It seems like most people at the beginning near Springer Mountain think, "Man, aqua blazing sounds cool, but that's a lot of trail to miss... nahh I don't think I will when I get up there." However ask the same person 800 miles later, "Dude, let's aqua blaze! 100 miles I don't have to walk!? heck yeah! screw it I'm done walking! lets just float for a while!" 
Who wouldn't wanna float down a river for a while just hangin' out drinking beer?

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment