Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

3/19/14

3/19/14                Rock Gap Shelter

12.5 miles from Carter Gap. Either I'm getting better/faster or the path is graded better. Maybe a bit of both, but I finished at about 4. I was going to stay in Franklin today but the post office was already closed. I ended up bumping my supply box from Fontana Dam to Franklin. After getting a new pack I need a little more cash. Hopefully my box is there 'cause I also want to stay in a motel tomorrow. Hot shower, resupply, hot tub, candy, what's not to like?

The miles today were also very non-descript. Rhododendron both sides making a green canopy above your head. It stays like that for miles , it really gets worse later but I get why the AT is a "green tunnel". Also another milestone. First was the state line; second-today-is over 100 miles on the AT. WOOOOO!


-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment