Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 8; 3/12/14

Day 8                     3/12/14

It rained a crap ton last night. I woke up to my food bag being soaked. The initial food bag I had, I sent back because it was majorly bulky, it wouldn't fit in my pack. I had decided to use my compression sack from my sleeping bag to hang my food. I was going to use that until I found a smaller, better food bag (which I did find in a hiker box). However I did also spray my compression sack with water proof/resistant stuff. However it didn't work too well. My bag was absolutely soaked through with water pooling at the bottom. Thankfully all my food was still in the ziplock bags so it was fine... I just had to deal with packing my sleeping bag away knowing it would get quite wet. Decided to take a zero day with Craftsman. It was a stupid price for the hostel though at $21 the redeeming quality is the hiker box here basically resupplied my food for the next 5 some odd days; enough to get to Franklin, NC.

                Tomorrow I cross the GA line into NC! Progress!


- Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment