Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 1; 3/15/2014

Day  1: 3/5/14
Jesus my feet already hurt. Thankfully I'm done for the day. 8.2 some odd miles and my hips and shoulders already hurt. Tomorrow will not be a bucket of sunshine. And I mean that literally. It's supposed to rain after 8am on and off. Thankfully (again), there's room in the shelter. It is not going to be too cold tonight so shelter will be fine.
Between Three Forks (I think) and Hawk Mtn there was a big empty field up on the ridge line. A little plaque near the edge commemorated a school master from 1903. Who the heck would want to teach up here in the middle of nowhere? And how would a school fit?!

Staying at Hawk Mtn Shelter. [2 pictures]

- Sam

Note from BlogKeeper:
I DO have the pictures that Sam has been taking. I have yet to develop them, and after that, they need to be scanned and uploaded individually. So due to my hectic school AND work schedule, I will not be able to sort out all the pictures to upload with each journal entry. The entire roll will be posted as one giant post. I'm so sorry about that inconvenience! But I know everyone has been waiting patiently for these updates and I just want you all to get everything sooner! I can worry about making it prettier over the summer!
Thank you for understanding!
Questions, comments, or concerns, please email me at aqi001@ucr.edu. Thanks!

-BlogKeeper (Annie)

1 comment: