Appalachian Swag

Appalachian Swag
Operation Swag!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day.... 3/16/14

3/13/14                Day 9                     3/16/14                Day: Whenever

I've stopped being able to tell what day it is. 3 days ago I made it to the GA/NC state line. As a way to circumvent 30 some odd miles, Craftsman and I decided to take a disused forest service road around and up a mountain. His topo maps made it look like a 10 miles hike from mile 78 to 93.2. Long story short we followed some roads for 2 days before realizing we were going the exact wrong way, as well as running out of water. We went 2 1/2 days (and 2 nights of cowboy camping) to end up 5 miles on the trail from where we started. He went on to try to hitch to Franklin NC while I took a zero day here at Plumorchard Shelter. 3 blisters and plenty of cuts and bruises made me zero here. Thank god I did cause the night I got here it poured rain. However at the end of my zero I feel good. I'll either go 8 or 11ish miles depending on the rain. Sadly, gotta re- hike out of GA now though. Read 4 or 5 people's tarot, too. Living up to the name Magicman.


-Sam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment